Activated Carbon for Aquariums & Ponds
Activated Carbon is a popular medium choice in mechanical systems since it can neutralize and remove tannins, phenols, chlorine and medications from the water. Activated Carbon has an incredibly porous surface which can absorb and bind with chemical molecules. If the charcoal gets too dirty, these pores will gunk up and the carbon becomes inactive and must be replaced.
- Quality – Our loose activated carbon has a low dust content, good mechanical strength and is extremely effective in removing chlorine, many toxins and odor.
- Versatile – Pinky activated carbon can be used in all other water filtration systems, including canister, hang-back, sump and wet/dry. Can be used for all fresh water and saltwater aquariums or ponds.
- Safe – Non-toxic, so safe for use with all fish and reptiles.
- Size and shape of charcoal – Round Rods with a diameter of 0.175 and roughly 1/8" to 7/8" long. Along with having a high pore count, our charcoal is a perfect fit for our Mesh Bio Media Bags (Insert link to Mesh Bio Media Bags page), which will keep loose charcoal out of your filter tubes and the tank itself.
- Cost – Go with the loose bulk and avoid expensive short-use charcoal cartridges. Even for loose bagged activated charcoal, you won’t find another brand that sells for less, pound for pound.
- Long-lasting – While other brands recommend changing their product every 2-4 weeks, our charcoal can last up to 6 weeks before needing to be replaced. We sell our activated charcoal in 25 lb. bags. Imagine how far our product will last before needing to resupply!
Pinky Filters products excel for the highest quality and best prices you will find for aquarium and pond filtration products. Order directly from our site for the best service, convenient shipping and lowest prices.